Tuesday, February 19, 2008

random left overs

  • By the way, the carBQ van is still in the alley! What the heck, right?!?!

  • RIP Jellybean. My sister's hamster died yesterday. It's really sad. He She was so cute. (Sorry I had the wrong gender.)

  • My mother-in-law has sent us this cd, The Law of Attraction, which is a lecture from Esther Hicks, who claims to be an inspirational speaker who dialogs with a group of spiritual teachers who call themselves Abraham. It is seriously crazy. You can listen to some of it on youtube. Why my mother-in-law thought to send us this scares me even more than the fact that she believes in it enough to share it. Apparently, The Secret is based on her lectures. Super strange. An example of her catch phrases is "rockets of desire." Enough said.
  • 3 comments:

    BrightStar (B*) said...

    Jellybean = A she.

    About your MIL... what in the hell?

    Anonymous said...

    Well, the law of attraction itself is actually a really interesting theory and I think there is something to it in its most basic form. No idea about this particular person or these teachers or this particular book, though. They sound a little cultish to me...lol!

    Laura Anne said...

    see yeah. its not the ideas that I have a problem with. it's the cultish thing. also, I guess you have to understand more about my mother-in-law to grasp it. that's a story for another time.