Sunday, February 10, 2008

update

The blood pressure medication seems to be working. I am feeling better today and yesterday, then I have felt in a week. I still don't feel 100% and I still believe that there is something more wrong with me. Something that caused my blood pressure to suddenly spike like that. I feel this way, because I still have strange symptoms off and on. I am not sure what the primary care doctor can do, but I am going to my new one tomorrow afternoon. At least I don't feel at deaths door anymore. I probably won't feel normal ever again. What was normal to me last week is not how I can live my life anymore. Chris bought some bread at Sprouts and I don't really like it. He said, while looking at the bag it came in, "What is it that's different about this bread? Oh, it has no fat." See, there you go. Plain oatmeal with raisins. Blah. Needs brown sugar. Can't add it! This is gonna take a lot of getting used to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, if not totally 100%. With your new insurance, you should ask your primary care doctor (or your insurance people) if sessions with a nutritionist would be covered. Lots of times they are. I was sort of in the same boat as you (needing to make lifestyle change b/c of health problems) and I cannot recommend enough talking to an expert about how to go about making the changes. For me, I never would have been able to do it alone because I would always try to change everything at once and the nutritionist showed me how to make more meaningful changes more gradually. Anyway, just a thought. GOOD LUCK with everything! It's hard, but so worth it in the long run! :) Erin

BrightStar (B*) said...

I agree with what Erin just wrote -- the key is making gradual changes. Heck, I know I need to make changes, too, but I know it would be impossible to do it all at once. A bit at a time feels more reasonable.