Saturday, February 23, 2008

saturday snipets

  • My 90 year old grandmother (my only surviving grandparent, other than my grandmother-in-law) is in the hospital. She is in ICU with congestive heart failure. She has had this for a while now and they were able to remove the fluid from her lungs. But she is having heart issues that the only way to correct is to operate. The doctors have said that she is too weak to operate on. So there is nothing more they can do for her. They don't know how much longer she will survive. It could be days, weeks, months... who knows. She is a tough lady and has survived so much over the years. She has told the doctors this time, though, that she does not want to be kept alive on machines. She is still resting at the hospital and there has been no update today, because my aunt and uncle can only see her 1 hour a day. They all live in Missouri, so we have to rely on them for info. My dad (this is his mother) was just there visiting in January, and I am glad he went when he did. I don't really know what else to say on this. I pray that she will rest peacefully and not be in any pain.

  • The carBQ is finally gone from the alley. I noticed it was not there yesterday. That's nuts that it happened and nuts that it was there for so long all burnt up like that. It was dangerous for the kids in the neighborhood. I wonder what happened to it?

  • I did my preliminary round of our taxes this morning. So far, we are getting back over $2000 from federal and state combined. The next thing I need to do is search around for more deductions and see if I missed anything else. Fun stuff. I use Tax Slayer online to do my taxes. I have used them for years and have had really good luck.

  • After 3 years, we have finally found a good Chinese place that delivers. We ordered some last night and the portion sizes are so huge that I will probably get 3 or so meals out of it. Nice.

  • My youngest sister-in-law's college graduation is coming up at the beginning of May. That means we are gonna be going back to the 'Nati (Cincinnati, Ohio for those not in the know.) for a few days. There is so much we want to do while we are there, in addition to the graduation and related events. Hopefully we will get to at least go to Camp Washington!!
    edited to add: And Burbank's too!
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Even if you do nothing else, you must go to Camp Washington. Maybe you could get some to bring home.

    LOVE MOM