Sunday, February 24, 2008

in mourning

I got a call this morning that I was not expecting at all. My mother called to tell me that her brother, my uncle John, died yesterday. He had a heart attack. He was 57 years old. He would have turned 58 a week from today. What can you say to something you don't see coming? It was not the call I was expecting. My cousins are supposedly putting together a memorial service, but it is all still so soon...
I was not very close with him, because he always lived out of the city. He was not a city dweller, like the rest of us. He was a true cowboy and lived that life until the day he died. He will always be remembered for that and since that was all he ever wanted to be, it seems fitting.

RIP John Sharkey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this.