Saturday, February 23, 2008

saturday leftovers

  • According to my dad, my grandma is "doing better." What that actually means is anyones guess. But apparently they are moving her to a regular room tomorrow. After that, we can get more info on her and my dad can talk to her. Told you she was tough.

  • The Academy Awards are tomorrow. It's one of the biggest days of the year for me, because I live for this stuff. It's not like I throw a party or anything, but I really get into the Oscars. For the last 3 years I have gone to see all of the films nominated for best picture. I saw the last of the 5 yesterday. I saved No Country For Old Men for last, because everyone is predicting it is going to win. After seeing all the films, my favorite was Juno. It was the best overall. There were parts of all the other films that made me understand why they were nominated, but in my opinion Juno is the best. Besides the outfits and the awards, I am looking forward to 2 of the musical performances. Amy Adams is performing Happy Working Song and Kristin Chenoweth is performing That's How You Know, both from Enchanted. Amy Adams sings both songs in the movie, but they got Kristin Chenoweth to sing the other song. Nice choice! Can't wait for tomorrow.

  • The Independent Spirit Awards were today. Juno won best picture and Ellen Page won best actress. Woot! Since I don't have IFC channel, I will have to watch them tonite on AMC when the re-air them. I don't know if I can stay awake that late, but I will try. Also at the awards, Angelina Jolie came wearing a tight dress showing off the baby bump that we all knew was already there. Another gorgeous Jolie- Pitt baby.

  • Last night was the first night I have actually been able to fall asleep like "normal." By that I mean, with no help from medication and managing to fall asleep within minutes of laying down. I haven't taken an Ambien since Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday nights both took me a couple of hours to fall asleep after laying down, but I did not have a panic attack either night. I hope last night was a good indication of my sleeping habits from here on out. Maybe I can get back to "normal" too?
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I love "That's How You Know" and I love Kristin Chenoweth, so that makes me happy. It better win! :)

    Your grandma is in my prayers.