Sunday, February 17, 2008

Car B Q

Last night, around 11:15pm, an insanely loud BOOM woke me up. It shook all the windows in my house. A few minutes after the boom, I heard sirens. This was surprising to me, because I hear all sorts of gun shots and other noises and they are never followed by sirens. But this time it was. This morning when I got up, Chris asked me if I heard the noise last night. He said that he went outside and saw smoke and flames. He wanted to drive over to where he saw the smoke and see what burned. This is what we found in the alley down the street:
Disturbing that they just left it there. You can still see the foam from the fire hydrant in the street and around the van. It clearly burned there in the alley, because there was glass all over the ground and it was charred. It looks to me like it was intentionally burned, because of its location and how the fire destroyed the inside of the van. It is nuts. Crazy things happen in this neighborhood. I just hope no one was hurt.