Tuesday, August 07, 2007

my stupid mouth - like you've never heard it before

This video cracked me up so much. I was seriously crying from laughter. I think she can sing well, but not this song. It was not written to be sung like this. What cracked me up the most is this is how I would sing it, if I was making fun of it. I often take songs (mostly hip hop songs) and sing or speak the lyrics with a proper (ie. white) accent. That sounds mean, but you know what I mean. I entertain myself by doing that, so that's what this seems like to me. If you can get past her yapping for a minute and 20 seconds... enjoy!

Four-time Tony Award-winning singer Audra McDonald at the Lincoln Center in 2006 with John Mayer's "My Stupid Mouth"

I had to go and listen to the real version to get this one out of my dead.

I'm dying. This is so funny.

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Hilarious.

!!!!

This made me crack up!

Score one more for MEEEEEE!

Laura Anne said...

oh my god! i know, right!!!
i was crying.

its totally like she's making fun of it, but she is totally serious.

Laura Anne said...

we looked out the WINNNDOOOOOW!

i will listen to this when ever i need to laugh!!!

what's a girl to do? I guess she better find OOOOOOOOONE!