Friday, August 17, 2007

hidden talents

After I posted that I was going to Mamma Mia, I got the urge to listen to Broadway tunes. My default for all Broadway tunes is the RENT soundtrack. So, I started listening now while I am doing other things online. But all this got me thinking about my hidden talents. Why? Because one of the my hidden talents (not hidden to everyone, but to the majority of the world) is that I can recite every word to the RENT soundtrack. I have seen the show live 4 times, but I have owned the soundtrack since 1997 and have listened to it more times then I could ever imagine counting. I can turn it on and sing along with the entire thing. That's 2 hours and lots of words. So that's a talent that I don't think many people posses. And yes, I am proud of myself. Another RENT related thing I do is when someone says a word or a phrase, I can find a RENT lyric that contains that word. I often do this. I just did it the other night to my mom on the phone. She said something and then I started singing a line from RENT. She didn't understand. But that's ok.
What other hidden talents do I posses? I thought of two others:
1. I can recite all the prepositions in alphabetical order
2. I can put my fist in my mouth
Those last two were facts I used in my 100 facts about me, but I think they fall in the same category of hidden talents.
You got any?

No comments: