Monday, May 08, 2006

Here's the story...

I know my family has been waiting for me to write about this.

On Friday morning, my husband was in a car accident.
The other car turned left in front of him and totaled our car. He is ok, for the most part. He is bruised on his chest from the seatbelt and bruised his tailbone. He is having a hard time sitting. He did not want to go to the doctor, but since he is still hurting, I am making him go to the doctor on Wednesday. We now have money from the insurance company to use towards a down payment on a new vehicle. We were going to get a new vehicle (not necessarily new, but new to us) in a few months anyway. The car he was driving was almost paid off. I was going to get that car and he was going to buy a truck. Now, he gets the truck and I will still have to drive my beater car. My car is ok, but I don't like to take it on the freeway or long distances. So, I was looking forward to getting his car and being able to go anywhere. I know. I know. I am being selfish. He was in the accident and I make it all about me. That's not really true. I am just upset about that too. At least he will be ok.

Anything else bad want to happen now? I did say that at least we were already on a crappy luck streak. At least life wasn't going great and then this happened. It can only get better, right?

No comments: