Wednesday, May 03, 2006

a funny thing about last night

My dad and I went to the Diamondbacks game. We we having fun and I was sitting in the seat in front of my dad so that we would have more room. It was definitely not a sell out game. Anyway. In the 2nd inning, the guy in the row in front of me turns and asks the couple that was sitting a few seats down from me, "Are you from XXX? (the company that my husband works for)" I thought I was crazy and that I didn't hear him correctly. The company is large, but not big in AZ yet and so I thought it was strange for someone to ask that. I forgot about it for a while, thinking I heard him incorrectly. Then I decided to call me husband and see if he knew if anyone from his firm was at the game. Here's pretty much how the conversation went:
Me: "Is there anyone from your firm at the game tonight?"
Him: "The funny thing about that is that I was gonna tell you there were free tickets to the game that we could have had if you weren't already there."
I then tell him about what I overheard. He asked me to describe the guy. He said that the company CFO was going to the game and they had a couple extra tickets for anyone in the office that wanted to go. I couldn't believe that the random guy in front of me was the company CFO.
Him: "Let me go get the tickets to see where they are."
Him: "Section 112, row 11, seats 19 & 20"
Me: "You are freaking kidding me! That's were my ass is sitting right now (I was in seat 20) Of all the seats in the entire ball park..."
My parents share season tickets for same seats the row behind that! Since his office is downtown and right down the street from the ball park, I told him to get his ass to the game to sit with me. He fought me a little, but then came in the 5th inning with another one of his co-workers. It was so awesome. I just can't get over it. I mean seriously? What are the odds? And them coming to the game was good luck. The bases got loaded and then Chad Tracy hit a grand slam home run to tie the game. The Diamondbacks ended up winning too. What a great night!

No comments: