Tuesday, March 22, 2005

thank god for aloe vera

I went to work today, even though I came home sick from work yesterday. I went because I was only scheduled to be there for 4 hours. Today was the day of the spring training baseball game that my team was going to. I really wanted to go and so I decided to tough it out and go. I told myself that I would only go to the game for a little bit. I ended up staying for about 2.5 hours. We were so far away on the lawn seats that you couldn't see a damn thing. The best thing that was going on was this sluty chic in front of us who was hanging all over a group of like 8 guys. She would let them take pictures up her shirt and down her shirt. She clearly had no bra on. She was laying on top of one guy and then hugging on another. She even gave the beer selling guy her phone number. That was much more exciting to watch than the game. After a while though, I just started to feel worse and worse. Being in the heat and the sun blazing down. I totally spaced on the fact that it would be sunny. I had worn capris because I knew it would be warm, but did I think at all about sunburn? Nope. I'm an idiot. I borrowed a hat from someone to protect my poor scalp, but my legs are nice and crispy. My arms got some burn too, but nothing compared to my legs. It hurts really bad, even after putting the aloe vera on. And the support that I get from my family? Things like, "...another thing to complain about" and "...another thing to bother you." I can feel the love.

No comments: