Thursday, January 03, 2008

how rude

This random woman came to my door tonight. I would normally not open the door, but I had left the blinds open and she could see me inside. Whatever. She said she was from some organization that works to improve the neighborhood. She asked if she could come inside and discuss with me the issues in my community. Um? Seriously? I could not believe that this random person just asked to come in to my house. Am I nuts? Seriously? My response to her was, "No. Not tonight." I was trying to be polite, because I know she was just doing what she was told to do. She did not take the hint. This is what she said next: "Do you live here with your parents?" WHAT? She seriously said that. First, you try to invite yourself into my home, then you insult me by thinking I'm a child? My only response was, "No." Then I tried to close the door. She kept on. She asked when would be a good time for her to come back. I knew I would be gone tomorrow afternoon, so I told her that would be a good time. I was so angry, but still trying to be nice. She was really upset that I would not talk to her. This random person was giving me attitude. It really pissed me off. I just closed the door and finally she walked away.

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Maybe SHE is the problem with the community?

I wonder what she thinks the "issues" are? Why did she have to come in with you to discuss them? Why couldn't she have discussed them with you at the door?