Tuesday, January 22, 2008

academy award nominations

They came out today and I am surprised, but not really. I don't really have any emotional ties to any of the films, except Juno, yet. Yet, because I now will start my mission to see all the films nominated for Best Picture.
Here is the list:

Atonement
Juno
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood


I have already seen Juno, so that means I have 5 weeks to see the other 4 movies. I can do that, except Michael Clayton isn't playing anywhere around here. I know it will be out on DVD on February 19. If theaters don't bring it out for special presentations, I will have to rent it right before the awards.

Oh, and the poor hotness was not nominated for Best Song. He was robbed. Say is a great song. Robbed, I tell you. Robbed.

edited to add: As a big congrats to Juno for its 4 nominations, I share with you some tracks from the soundtrack:
All I Want Is You by Barry Louis Polisar

Anyone Else But You by Moldy Peaches (sung by Michael Cera & Ellen Page)

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I have seen Michael Clayton and No Country for Old Men as well as Juno. I want to see There Will be Daniel Day Lewis... I mean, There Will be Blood, but I have no interested in seeing Atonement.