Saturday, January 12, 2008

home improvement

Last night, Chris randomly decided to start taking up the tile in the whole house. We have tile in all but the guest room and the master bedroom. It is cheesy, old, disgusting tile and I am not complaining about it coming up. Underneath the tile is brown tinted concrete. Who knows when we will get new floors, so I guess we will have concrete for a while. I had no idea this is what we would be doing this weekend. It was not the greatest timing for me. Yesterday afternoon, I somehow pulled a muscle in my groin while packing up the rest of the Christmas stuff (yes, we still had the tree up! HAD - it was finished today.) and it because of that, I was walking differently. And because of walking differently, my back started to hurt. I was in bad shape. I took lots of Motrin last night and was helping with the tile the best I could. We worked on to for over 2 hours last night and made major progress. I managed to sweep up after each row of tiles he pulled up. We have been working since 11am and are in the final stages of what we are doing for today. Yes, I have been photo-ing the progress and photos will be coming soon (either later tonite or tomorrow). We have a get-together to go to tonite, so we are wrapping up early. Yikes!

No comments: