Friday, May 25, 2007

you know what I hate? (among other things...)

Lately I have been hearing about the the 30th anniversary of things, like for example, the release of Star Wars. Why does this bother me? That movie came out in the same year I was born!!!!!!!! Enough with the 30th anniversaries. I can't deal. There is even a big ol convention thing in LA right now celebrating 30 years of Star Wars. Am I going to get a convention? NOOOO.
See, I enjoy living in denial. Mostly about my age, but denial of most other things too. But when it's everywhere on the TV and whatnot, I can't ignore it.
The worst part... I was planning on a big trip to celebrate my 30th birthday (A trip with the whole family to California - which is where I was born - and go to Disneyland! What better place to celebrate being old then where you can be a kid?) and now I really don't think it's gonna happen financially. So that's a bummer too. All I'm saying is...
ENOUGH WITH THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF - CRAP!

2 comments:

comebacknikki said...

Girl, I'm so with you! I turn 30 the month before you... I didn't think it was going to be such a big deal, but now that I'm almost there, I'm completely freaking out about it!

Laura Anne said...

I am glad I have someone who can relate. Most people think I'm nuts for being so wigged out about this birthday. And then they torture me about it too... Chris will say things like, "Are you 30 yet?" just out of the blue. Not fun.