Thursday, July 13, 2006

speaking of my love for Chris

Today in my car, I found a tape of love songs that I made for him over 10 years ago. A real cassette tape. And it still worked. I used to make him mixed tapes all the time. I also used to record myself talking to him and send it to him. Yeah, that's weird. But at the time, I thought it was cool. Being so far apart like we were, I did whatever I could. Anyway, I listened to the tape today and laughed and cried. It has some crazy shit on it. But it was a flash back to a time in my life where I was so alone and just wanted to show my love to him in any way I knew how. I was in a long distance relationship about 10 years or so too late. This is gonna make me sound old, but... Twelve years ago, technology was nothing like it is now. I worked a full time job, while going to college full time, so that I could pay my phone bill. My multiples of hundreds of dollars of phone bills to him. No such thing as cell phones. And even email was in its infancy. If we were in that same situation today, we could have free mobile to mobile minutes and only have to pay the basic monthly charge. And instant messaging and the internet. Shit. If anyone complains about long distance relationships in this day and age, they need to talk to me. I will make you appreciate what you have. And we lived thru it for over 4 years, suckers.

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

plane tickets are more expensive now.

Anonymous said...

nope. not really. cheapest ticket i ever got was over $400. you got nothing, beck.