Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I am all over the place

Most of the craziness involves tickets.

But most recently, I am wigging out about the current (August) issue of InStyle magazine and pages 161 to 164. This is what happened. I get the mail today and dropped it off where I usually leave it for a couple of days to be dealt with later. I come in here and check the forums for any news on the tickets (I'll explain in a minute) and see this post:

Interview with John, Aug 2006 In Style Magazine on pages 161-164. Great photos of him, questions and answers regarding his wardrobe style, his watch collection, Eddie Vedder, and a list of his favorites...snacks, music, etc.

Yeah, THAT John. I was on the phone with my mother when I read that post and I freaked out. I had just brought that magazine in from the mail box. I ran out to the other room, threw the mag on the table and as fast as I could, flipped to the pages. I about died. Ask her. She had to tell me to sit down and be calm. It is an amazing photo. I don't have a scanner and haven't found the photo online yet, but I will post it as soon as I do. Article is pretty dumb. He's not into fashion so asking him about it is silly. I have such a crush.

Ok, the ticket thing. Well, there are no presales for the Tom Petty show on Local 83 (the JM fanclub), because he is the opener not the headliner. The presale for the Tom Petty fanclub folks started yesterday thru today. I know of some people who joined just to get in on the presale. I did not. Tomorrow, what they call a venue presale starts. God knows what that is. I have been all over the internet trying to find the presale code for this and have found nothing. Oh, I just realized this might not make sense to some people. Well, ticketmaster allows for presale of tickets for certain things (fanclub, radio stations, etc), but you have to have a code to do it. Presale, meaning before they go on sale to the public. Most presale codes end up on the internet. There are even blogs dedicated to presale codes only. So, back to my story. I haven't found the presale code for tomorrow yet, but I have found the presale code for the radio station presale that starts on Friday. So that means no later than Friday I will have my tickets. Shit yeah!
Also involving tickets... the Arizona Cardinals single game tickets go on sale to the public on Saturday. There are only 3000 per game available. I am going to try to buy as many as I can and go to the best game that I get and sell the rest. I just hope to get at least one game. Why are freaking Cardinals tickets so hot, you ask? Well, they have a new stadium that opens this season. Season tickets sold out! And I guess people think they might be good in a new place. Doubt it. But hey, why not. If you clicked on that link, you might have noticed this: The exterior design of the stadium has been created by world-renowned architect Peter Eisenman. I doubt that name is familiar to most, but to me and Chris it means something. Peter Eisenman designed DAAP, which is the the short version The Aronoff Center for Design and Art that houses University of Cincinnati College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning. Long story short - where Chris practically lived from 1996 to 2001. So since the Cardinals stadium is an Eisenman design, it peaks the interest of the architect husband. So going to a game would be cool for me (to see the game - I love football) and cool for him (he can check out the building).
And speaking of checking out the building, I have also gotten tickets for the free Cardinals stadium tour that they are having a month before it opens. We get a 2 hour tour of the place, along with a bunch of other freaks. But it was free, so why not. And Chris agreed without any coercion. Score one for me. I picked a thing he wants to go to! Hooray!
So that's a lot of stuff about tickets... woo, I'm tired.

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

A bunch of other freaks. LOL.