Friday, July 14, 2006

my 10 year freakin reunion

I got the evite in my email inbox today. Glaring at me. Laughing at me. Making me feel damn old. I checked it out to see who has responded 'yes' to going. Lots of people I know. People who I was super good friends with have already commited to coming. I was all gungho about going until I found out it was going to randomly be in a restaurant. Seriously? Like a happy hour situation. It guess I always assumed it would be in like a ballroom at a hotel or something. Who knows. But whatever. It's in October. I think I will go, but I refuse to make a big deal out of it. I refuse to go on a crash diet to impress those fools. I will just get a new outfit and make the best out of the really strange situation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure, go and have fun. I just went to my 20th!

What is "the really strange
situation"?

BrightStar (B*) said...

I think mine was randomly in Saguaro Ranch Park, but I didn't go. I agree, in the movies reunions are in these fancy ballrooms. In a resturant, though? Weird. What restaurant? Please email. I remember also thinking it was weird that the other event, the non-Saguaro Ranch event, was out in Scottsdale, which was random, since our high school was not in Scottsdale.

Anonymous said...

mine is in a hotel ballroom :) actually, one event (I'm not going to it) is in a ballroom and the other is in a park (afternoon picnic with families).

you should go!

Laura Anne said...

Loulabel - the strange situation is the reunion in general. nothing more than that.

sis - random at Saguaro Ranch. they want us to all go to the homecoming football game the night before. um, just say no to that.

Anastasia - jealous that yours is just like in the movies.