Wednesday, September 22, 2004

yer growns up & yer growns up & yer growns up

I think I sense a trend. My post titles are movie lines... Neat.
I am so proud. I said that line to Chris tonight and he knew what it was from. I told him that I don't know if I've ever been prouder of him.

FIRST DAY OF FALL! thank God!

couple-a-things:
- I keep forgetting to mention that I found out that some random chic I work with has a second job...as a stripper. Isn't that special? It wouldn't be so bad if she was half decent looking. But she's not. She has no boobs either. I am afeard (yes, afeard) of the place that she strip's. Must be a real classy establishment. YIKES is an understatement.

- I took a claim today from a dude who plays for a pro football team. Here's what happened... He called to report that he rear-ended another vehicle. He said that he played football and I started to wonder if it was pro or maybe just for fun or something. He was driving an big nice car and then I started wondering more that he might be pro. Then he said was from one state, but was living now in the state of the team he plays for. After I took the claim, my curiosity got the best of me and I googled his name. And yup, that's him. Living in the state of the team he plays for, plays football, from that other state. Totally him. Then I googled his passenger and found out it's another player. Crazy. I like taking claims from pro football players. Rookies or not.
please note...this was changed to conceal the identities. I made a judgement error and posted who the dude really was. oops.

- Why is it that I put my feelings off on other people? What do I mean by that? I mean that I feel a certain way about something, but instead of dealing with it myself, I tell other people and then feel as though they are making me feel that way. I'm not explaining it right. But does that sorta make sense? Am I the only one who does that? Like I am freaked out and uncertain about...lets say getting a house...and I discuss this with...lets say my mom...and then suddenly I feel like my mom is the one that is uncertain about it and is making me feel like I am uncertain. Then I am mad at her for making me feel that way, instead of dealing with the fact that I am uncertain myself. I am sorry mom for doing that. I probably do that more than just in this case. But I am realized that I did it this time. I guess that's a step. Not that I am getting 100% support about the house thing, but I need to not do what I am doing any more.

- Today was my boss's birthday and it's a good thing that someone told me the day before. I busted out a candle that I keep in stock at my house and wrapped it up nice. I was one of the few people who gave her gifts. I think that only one other person did (the person who told me it was her birthday.) My boss thanked me more than once. I try not to be a kiss ass and let my work speak for me, but if I ever want to be a coach, I do need to stand out somehow. Also, since it was her birthday, we had cupcakes. Well, the team had cupcakes. But not me. I did not eat one and I am really proud of myself. I am not bringing change to work so that I can't get anything out of the vending machine either. I have not officially started a diet, but I am working towards it and after my will power today, I feel like I am on the right track. I just need to sign up for the gym now and really start a diet.
Not having a cupcake might not be a big deal to some people, but to me, that's huge.

1 comment:

Laura Anne said...

I thought about that before I posted it. But my blog is not public. Plus, the only people who know about my blog or how to access it are you and mom. But then I think gee...you have it linked. I guess I'll take it down. Or remove the links to who they really are...