Monday, September 27, 2004

I'm special - part III

Today, my boss calls me over to her desk and tells me that I (and one other person from my team) have been chosen to do "onboarding" with the new training class. That means that I will be helping them when they are taking their simulation calls and then when they go live (start taking real calls) I get to walk around and help them. It does mean that I will be working from 9:15 to 6:00 on Wednesday of this week and then a few days the second week of October. But that's ok. It's a big deal to have been chosen. My boss said that her boss was the one that made the decision of who gets to d this. Yeah for me.

OTHER THINGS...
- Article : Suspects in standoff mentally ill, suicidal, relative says
This is scary. This is not all that far from where we used to live. It has been going on for almost 24 hours now. I hope it ends peacefully. I heard on the radio that people who live in the area are not being allowed back into their homes and they are staying at a high school gym. Suck.
- full moon tonight. neat.
- strange that even though I go weeks without seeing my mom, knowing that she is all the way across the country makes me miss her real bad. I did call my dad last night to check on him and make sure he hasn't gone into diabetic shock. He said he keeps thinking that my mom is gonna come home at any minute, but then he realizes she's not just at work. That's cute. He misses her.

No comments: