Sunday, September 19, 2004

random things

song in my head... Jesus Walks ...

- historicphoenix.com. the website that shows a lot of the houses we were looking at yesterday. the ones we were looking at were in the Coronado & Diamond Street area. The others are WAY too expensive. The dudes on this website are two of the realtors Mike was telling us about yesterday. We saw the website on some of the FOR SALE signs. As far as moving is concerned, we discussed it and figure that we will sign a 3 month lease on our apartment when it comes up in January. That gets us until the middle of April to get this all done. Chris really wanted to not renew the lease on the apartment at all, but I (being the level-headed [see: FREAKED OUT] one) convinced him that our debt to income ratio will be lower if we wait to get the loan until January. See, we both get bonuses and we are planning on using them to pay down debt. And since Chris found out that debt to income ratio is one of the most important factors, we need to have that be a lot better than it is now. So, that's what we are shooting for. Save, save, save and pay off debt. I doubt that we will be putting anything down. The people Chris has talked to said that a lot of people don't put anything down; just pay the closing costs. So, that's what we need to save for. The closing costs. It's good that Mandy has gone thru this because I get to see what it's really all about. Plus, I have ammo to calm Chris down. He thinks that it's gonna go so smooth and be perfect. I keep telling him all that Mandy & Eric went thru and he comes back down to earth. I am really nervous about all this. But he is all gung-ho, so I told him that I default all this to him. He can figure it all out and I will just look at the house and approve it. He knows what we need. I trust that he will find a good house. Plus, he can just tell people that he's an architect and he automatically would get different treatment than most people. They can't pull the wool over his eyes. He knows what they are talking about. So, that's cool.

- today is Emmy day. I hate that I work Sundays. All (ok, like 90%) awards shows are on Sundays. Normal award show day routine: get up, watch pre-show stuff on E! usually starting at noon, don't really move from that position until awards show is over-usually around 10pm. Yes, I know. No need to even say it. Well, since I am at work today, I don't get to do that. But, I am going to go home one hour early today, so that I can get prepared for the show and watch some of the pre-show stuff.

- totally forgot that the freeway ramp that I needed to take today was closed. I saw the sign for it yesterday, but completely forgot until the freeway started narrowing down to one lane with the only option of getting on I-10 west. I should have gotten off the 51 sooner, but I didn't. I got off I-10 at 7th St and took 7th St all the way to Broadway, then Broadway to 40th St. Not that major of a deal. It only took about 10 extra minutes. And I allow myself more than enough time in the mornings. So I made it here on time. But sucky non the less.

- bugs in my cup. I have this cup that I leave at work and refill with ice and a can of soda. Today, I didn't realize there were bugs in it until I poured my soda in. I rinsed it out before putting ice in it, but apparently that didn't do the job. Yuck. I have to bring the cup home and clean it for real.

No comments: