Saturday, September 11, 2004

craft fair

This morning we went to the Harvest Festival at the Civic plaza. it was really neat.
but there were some really random things there. It was a lot smaller than we
had thought it would be. but it was cool anyway. I was really good and spent
only like $25 dollars. I got these painted wood blocks that spell out PEACE, for to
use as a Christmas decoration. I also got (and mom got some too) these yard stakes.
I got three. One with a pumpkin, one with a turkey and one with a reindeer. so, one
day when we have a yard, I can decorate for each of the holidays. I am gonna add
my own bows and raffia to them to decorate them a little more, but they are really
cute and they were cheap! I was really good about spending money. We went thru the
whole thing before I decided to buy anything. We then went back and I got what I wanted.
Smart. Mom bought some really cool stuff too. Some that I can't mention because they
are gifts. But she did buy this cool thing for her cross stiching. It's like a little
workstation that hold the fabric and also holds the pattern. It's really cool.
After the craft fair, we went and had lunch at the Hard Rock. I have never been to
the Hard Rock in Phoenix all this time. It used to be by the Biltmore on Camelback, but
they moved it downtown. We drive by it everyday because it's at the bottom of Chris's
building, but I've never been. It was ok. Not spectacular. The Niagara Falls one and the
LA one were much better. But as Chris said, "That's because it's Phoenix." Whatever.
It was a really nice morning with mom. I am glad we went.
Now, I am just chillin. Probably gonna go now and finish reading my book and then
read my magazines when they come. This week is the Best & Worst dressed PEOPLE. So,
that'll be fun.

1 comment:

Laura Anne said...

I remember that you went to that show.
There is no Phoenix bird anymore.
that sucks.
ask your mom about the presents.