Friday, March 23, 2007

today

What a day! I am glad that it's over. It was very strange and long. Good, but strange. The morning started with getting up early (went to bed at 1am, got up at 7:30am) and waiting for the Maytag repair man to come to fix the dishwasher. My original plan for today was go to my parents house, spend the day with my mom and go out to dinner tonight. But since the drama with the dishwasher, my plans were altered a bit. Not much, thank goodness. Here's the back story on the dishwasher: Our dishwasher was making a really loud noise. We have one of those extra quiet ones and it was not quiet at all. So, Chris called the repair man. On the 8th, he came out and told us we need a new motor. He said that he could come back the next week to replace it. The motor was still under warranty, so all we had to pay for was labor. So we were ok with that. Then the next week rolls around and they called us the day they were to come out and said that they didn't have the motor yet and would come the next week (yesterday). Annoying, but ok. So the guy comes yesterday and starts taking the dishwasher apart. He then realizes that he can't get to part of the motor unless the dishwasher is pulled out from under the counter. Problem with that is, he won't pull it out. He said that he couldn't risk damaging our tile. Have you seen our tile? We don't really care if it gets damaged. It's like 40 years old and falling apart all on its own. But he still refused to pull it out from the wall. He left and the dishwasher was all torn apart. He said that he would check with dispatch and maybe be able to come back tomorrow (today). That's how he left it. So we didn't even know if he would come back today. Stupid. Last night Chris pulled the dishwasher out and didn't damage the tile or anything. Duh. Then this morning, they called and said he would be here between 8-10am. Great. I can wait at home for him and then leave for my parents when he is done. Not a big change in my plans, just a delay. He comes around 9am and installs the new motor. What I have failed to mention is the fact that this repair man is old as dirt. Seriously. He has to be in his 70's. Chris keeps calling him the original Maytag man. He has that shaky handwriting. I can't believe his is doing this job. I feel really bad every time he would get on his knees to work on the dishwasher. I was afraid he would not be able to get back up. He always did, so good for him. But still. So today, he cut his hand. He was bleeding really bad. There was blood all over the floor. He cleaned up a lot of it himself, but missed a bunch. After he left, I carefully cleaned up all that I could reach. There is some still under the dishwasher that we won't be able to get to until we move the dishwasher back. Lovely!!!! Bottom line is it is quiet now. There is still one problem. When he left, he left it still out from the wall. Apparently they can't put them back either. Also, there are more screws out then Chris had originally taken out to move it from the wall. Now Chris has to figure out where those mystery screws go. So that whole mess was fun. After the dishwasher guy left, I went over to my parents. My mom and I went out to lunch and then went to downtown Glendale. We went to some
antique shops. In one shop, I found this vintage dress (in the photo to the right). It was a custom made dress and jacket from Hong Kong. It was only $22. If I was skinny, I would have bought this in a heart beat. In fact, I would be a total vintage store shopper and have lots of cool clothes. Oh well. Maybe one day. That's a whole other blog post. Anyway, I didn't buy anything, but we had lots of fun. My mom found some cute things for her house. She is more into country stuff and those stores sell a lot of that. After all the shopping, I came home and changed my clothes to go to dinner. I got together with some girlfriends from high school. We went here. A couple months ago, we randomly got together and decided to make it a regular occasion. One of the girls decided that her new years resolution was to reconnect with old friends. It was nice the first time and nice today. I dread them, but end up enjoying myself. We just spend hours talking and tonight there were 3 more people then last time, so there was some catching up to do. Today was a really long day. I am way tired and that is enough rambling.

No comments: