Saturday, March 10, 2007

answer to a question

Here I am in my formal portrait from the cruise. (notice my hello kitty bling!!) I had to crop out the other person that was in the photo with me, because it is my sister. She does not like to post her own picture, so I respect that and cropped her out.
I got a question from loula about the dress code on the cruise. Since your food is included in the price of the cruise, you can choose where you eat. You are assigned a table in the dining room that you can go to every night if you wanted to. There is a dress code for the dining room and that is mostly, no jeans. I would call it business casual dressing for the dining room. They also have 2 formal nights. We only went to the first one and that's where all the dressed up photos came from. But you don't have to eat in the dining room. There is a grill area with pizza or burgers and there is a 24 hour buffet with lots of stuff. Oh - the vegan part... well in the dining room each night they did have a vegetarian option. I thought that was good for them to consider people who don't eat meat. But to get that, you would have to go to the dining room or pick stuff from the buffet. You can get room service in your room when ever you want, but it is a limited menu. Except if you have a suite, like my parents did. They were able to order anything from the dining room menu, in their room. We did that on the second formal night. We ordered lobster from room service. That was definitely first class. LOL. Other than the dining room, the dress code is way casual. People walking around in bathing suits and various stages of dress or un-dress. So loula, you would be fine, other than the dining room. I live in jeans and tees (and capris in the summer) and Birkenstocks, so I can relate your wardrobe, but I do like to get dressed up once in a while to have a nice dinner.

And I am feeling a little better. It has moved into my throat, but that is a good thing because it is moving quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks much for the info, Laura. I like the idea of a cruise, in terms of being able to spend a lot of time outdoors in the fresh salt air, and not having to drag a ton of luggage (full of unnecessary things) everywhere I go. And it's good to know that, aside from "formal" nights, dress is mostly casual on the ship. But I'm not sure whether the food thing would be a problem. Hey, they have gay cruises -- maybe they have vegan cruises, too? Heheh.

Excellent portrait, by the way, and I love the Hello Kitty bling!

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, though. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.