Wednesday, December 20, 2006

the death of a friend

It's so hard to deal with the death of a friend. No matter how they die.
My friend Tarah was killed by a drunk driver on February 7, 1997. It will be 10 years this February and it still hurts so bad. I think about her all the time. I talk to her in my head. She was such a special person and brought so much joy to her friends. I miss her very much.
My sister's friend died last week. In a different way than my friend, but losing a friend is... losing a friend. I want to be able to console my sister. I know what she's going thru. But the circumstances with her friend is something that I can't wrap my head around. All I can do is be there for her. I am glad that my sister is home with my parents right now. If she was back at her home, alone, it would be so much harder for her. I hope she knows she is loved.

Edited to add:
This is Tarah (in the white t-shirt), along with my friend Elizabeth, at our senior party from high school.

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Thank you for this post, Laura. I love you. I'll see you tomorrow.