Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas time already?

I don't know what my problem is this year. I did not finish decorating our tree until last night. It was put up with the lights on it almost two weeks ago and it stood ornament-less for that long. I am ashamed. I am usually the decorator of all decorators. I do my own thing. Our holiday decor is very eclectic.(As you can see below by all the crap we put on the house.) But it's still very tasteful. I have none of those cheesy blow up things in the yard. Just lots and lots of lights. Anyway, my house is officially complete with all the decor inside and out. But Christmas is like, what - less than 5 days away. Why is Christmas such a let down? When did it stop being fun? One of my favorite Christmas memories was not being able to sleep on Christmas Eve and going and getting in bed with my sister. We stayed up most of the night. We were not even that young. I think she was in junior high or even high school. But it was really fun. We loved Christmas morning. I know that you grow up and out of that stuff, but I wish that you didn't have to.

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I know, right? I want to do that again. Why don't you and Chris spend the night at mom & dad's on Christmas Eve?!?! I'm sure Chris will love it when I climb into bed with you.