Wednesday, October 04, 2006

who goes to a Tom Petty show and doesn't see Tom Petty?

Well, me.

We left after the opening act. You all know that I went to see John Mayer. Who is really surprised that we left? It was warm and uncomfortable in there. Since I have not been feeling all that great lately, I was not upset in the slightest about leaving after John. I mean, can Tom Petty even compare? Some may disagree and that is your right. But whatever, you're wrong.

Anyway - here is the set list:
Belief
Vultures
Good Love is on the Way
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
Why Georgia
Gravity
No Such Thing
Waiting on the World to Change
In Repair


It was amazing. Amazing. I got teary eyed up when he came on stage and the lights were still down. I bookended it by crying (like for real crying. crying so much that I had to take off my glasses and wipe my eyes because I couldn't see. crying) when he started to play In Repair. What an amazing song.

Word of the night - A-MAZ-ING.

I will write my full on review tomorrow. But let me make some notes to myself...
-dela dancing
-solo on Gravity
-great seats
-no camera
-random crowd
-Harry Morton
-JJ smoking

Ok, that will help. Until tomorrow... sweet dreams of Johnny...

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I thought Chris wanted to see the whole thing?

I'm glad you liked it.