Monday, October 30, 2006

t-minus 4 days and counting

It's the countdown to my 29th birthday. (It's Friday.)
Why a countdown? Well, I figure since this will be my last birthday, I should make it special. Ok. Technically, it will not be my last birthday (dear lord, I hope not.), but it will be the last time the number increases. Basically, I will never be any age other than 29. Nope. Ask me in five years and I will still be 29.

On Saturday night, we started off the countdown with a bang! We went to our favorite restaurant, Los Dos Molinos. We had just started eating and Chris said something to me like, did you see that tequila they have behind the counter? He said that it was really expensive, something like $20 per shot. I said that I wanted to get a shot. I told him that he could have a sip off the top and I would drink the rest. We asked the waiter and he said the name of it, but we cannot remember. He said say that it was the best tequila in Mexico. Well hell, why not? If it's the best tequila in Mexico... It was $15 a shot. The restaurant owner poured the shot (and it was in glass bigger than your average shot glass) and looked over at me and gave me a thumbs up. The waiter brought it over and I was about to drink it, but the owner was watching me and making faces. She was making me laugh so hard that I couldn't drink it. I then gave Chris a sip. The owner was looking away by then and I took a big drink. It was still only about half the glass. It was THE BEST tequila that I have ever had. Mind you, I have not had lots of different kinds of tequila. I have had a few, but not many. So, not only is the best tequila in Mexico, but it was the best tequila I have ever had. Chris then took another sip and then I finished off the glass. I will say that what I ended up drinking was about one and a half shots. See, the thing is... I don't really drink. I rarely ever do. We usually get a pitcher of Sangria when we go to Los Dos, but it doesn't really count as drinking. But I decided that since I could drink, I might as well. Before we drank it, Chris suggested that we wait to get it until we were finished eating. I told him that I didn't want to wait, because I might change my mind. It was fun. When we were paying and leaving, the owner said that she finished off the bottle for me. So, I guess it was larger than the average shot they serve of it. She said that it was either me or her who would have to finish the bottle, so she gave it to me. I love that place. And the food is flippin awesome! If you ever come to Phoenix and can handle super hot mexican food, I highly recommend Los Dos Molinos. :)

No comments: