Tuesday, April 04, 2006

did I mention I love technology?

I think I did. But I will reiterate my feelings on the subject.
Guess what I am currently listening to?
How did you know?
Of course it's a recording of Saturday's show! I love the internet. I love it so much. I can't seem to come down off the high from Saturday's show. I look at the pictures and read the message boards with people's reviews and comments. I am obsessed. More obsessed than before, if that is even humanly possible.
I guess I haven't really posted my review of the show. Since I'm listening to it, I might as well.

Random bits, in no particular order...
- Gravity is my current favorite song. When he sung it, people danced with their significant others. I tried, but he just wasn't into it. But the song (and this is gonna sound really weird, but its true) felt like a hug. In fact, I was hugging myself and swaying. It was a moving experience.

- Over heard while walking to the parking lot: "I wish he would have done some of his old stuff. Stuff I actually knew." And that about sums it up ladies and gentleman. I was hoping that it wouldn't be like that, but no such luck. The crowd really wasn't into it. The people around me just stood there. I was the only one dancing (my ass off, as I previously mentioned). And from what I've read from people in other parts of the crowd, it was the same. People yelling for him to do old songs. Did these people not get the memo that it was the John Mayer Trio and not just John Mayer. Apparently not. At one point, Chris said jokingly, "sing the one about the girlie parts." Hehe.

- Johnny was wearing a hoodie that said 'Speed Kills.' Cute. About 1/3 of the way into the show, he took off said hoodie and that created a stir. There was a t-shirt on underneath, of course. I looked over at Chris and said, "I love you more than anyone." He just laughed and shook his head. He is such a good sport about all this. I some times wonder what I would actually have to do to make him jealous.

- Apparently he forgot the words during Try, but I didn't notice. I guess I was too busy singing along.

- Steve Jordan can play the shit out of the drums. It was awesome when he was so into it that he stood up and played. He threw his drumsticks into the crowd after the show. I hope the people that got them appreciate it.

- Johnny likes his long hair. You can tell. He kept letting it hang all down in his face while he was playing. He would then whip his head back and brush the hair away with one hand. To quote a commenter on j-mayer.org: His hair *melts*
I agree.

- I just found this on one of the message boards about her favorite part of the show: ...this guy I met at the concert behind me going, "Shit man I want to date him"

- As I already mentioned, he sung a new song. It was so awesome. The sound is familiar and (hehe) comfortable, but the lyrics were perfect. He even posted on his myspace about it. Here's what he had to say:

Sunday, April 02, 2006
Waiting On The World To Change Lyrics

sang a new song last night...
...spent a long time getting the words right...
...the live recording is hard to hear...
...so that nobody gets confused...
...every letter matters...

waiting On The World To Change

me and all my friends
we're all misunderstood
they say we stand for nothing and
there's no way we ever could

now we see everything that's going wrong
with the world and those who lead it
we just feel like we don't have the means
to rise above and beat it

so we keep waiting
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

it's hard to beat the system
when we're standing at a distance
so we keep waiting
waiting on the world to change

now if we had the power
to bring our neighbors home from war
they would have never missed a Christmas
no more ribbons on their door
and when you trust your television
what you get is what you got
cause when they own the information, oh
they can bend it all they want

that's why we're waiting
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

it's not that we don't care,
we just know that the fight ain't fair
so we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

and we're still waiting
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting waiting on the world to change
one day our generation
is gonna rule the population
so we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

9:50 PM

Did I mention that I love him?
I am gonna go now and enjoy the show all over again... leaving on Vultures

No comments: