Friday, January 27, 2006

random thoughts

Thoughts on today and car talk
I am still very scatter brained after the whole myspace experience tonight. That is not how I intended to spend this evening.
What I ended up doing today was going to get my feet done. And sister, the fact that I could shave again to get my toes done, never crossed my mind. Especially because the sole reason I shave in the winter time is to get my monthly pedicure. So, I got them done and then went to Target to get coolant. The stupid light never came back on for the rest of the day. I watched the temperature gage thingy and it never went into dangerous territory. So, I still bought the coolant and Chris put it in for me tonight. He also checked my other fluids - IN THE CAR (you sicko!) - and everything looks fine. So hopefully that lovely light coming on was nothing major. Who knows. But one good thing is that in October, we will have paid off our other car. What that means is that I get that car, the KIA and Chris gets to finally get his truck. We haven't decided if it will be new or used, but we have agreed that it will be a quad cab so that it can have a back seat. That was my only concern. So, hopefully my car can last until then so that we don't have to have overlapping payments. But if we have to, it should not be too much of a problem.

Money
So, it's tax season. You know what I hate? Getting your W2 and saying to yourself, "I really made that much money?" Where the hell did it go? I guess realizing that you made more money than you thought is a good thing. The opposite would suck. But we made more this year combined than we ever have. Maybe I shouldn't be sharing that. But we both realized that and both wondered where it all went. We still have debt coming out of everywhere, but we are living comfortably for the first time and its kinda nice. I like that I don't really have to keep track of when we get paid. Not living paycheck to paycheck for the first time in my life. Well, except for when I didn't have to support myself.

Project Runway
Oh my god! Are you watching this season? If you aren't you are missing out. It cracks me up to no end. I love them all. I wouldn't change a single thing about how the season has played out. However, I am falling for Daniel V. Well, he is the only Daniel left, so I can drop the V now. He is so cute in a strange sort of way. I like it when he pulls his bangs back with a hair tie. I think the final 3 will be Chloe, Nick and Daniel. Kara will be the next to go, then Andrae and Santino. I highly recommend watching it.

Brokeback Mountain
I haven't posted my experience last week when I went to see the movie. Here's what happened. I screwed around in the morning and was running late to leave to go to the theater. My head was starting to hurt, but I was late and so I told myself that I have drugs in my purse and can take them when I get to the movie. So I get there after the previews are 80% over and at least it wasn't full. But by the time I get there, my head is in full on pain. I take my pill case out of my purse and guess what, no pills. Empty. So I watched the movie with my head feeling like it was in a vice. I tried to not get distracted by the pain, but sometimes it was too much. I survived and enjoyed the movie. Now since I had read the book, I knew what was going to happen. I still teared up a little at the end. Seeing it is completely different than reading it. It adds a whole other dimension to the story. It was very beautiful and calming to look at. I think that had it been almost any other movie, I probably wouldn't have been able to sit thru it with my headache like it was. Plus, there was this old man who kept clearing his throat very loudly. At first it was startling, when then it became humorous and then annoying. It was a very unusual throat clear also. Another observation was that there were more older people at the show then I thought there would be. And my most thought provoking observation was that people reacted more to the boys kissing than the sex. If you haven't seen it, the sex comes before the kissing. I think that the sex threw everyone off guard and the kiss came more naturally. I don't know why people reacted more to the kiss, but I find it interesting.

Target
I can't get out of that store without spending a bunch of money. Damn Target and their stupid clearance items! I bought this lamp on clearance for $12.50. At least I get good deals. I put the lamp on the hearth in our family room and it's just enough light to give the room a subtle glow. Our family room is really dark, unless you turn on the ceiling fan lights and then its too bright. So, its the perfect solution. But still, Target is addictive. I found this blog a few months ago and I read it all the time. It's totally me. I am a slave to Target.

I am out of my mind right now. I need to try and sleep.

Oh shit. I just remembered something else I love about Target: Cheap DVD's. I have gotten some classics over the last few months, Goonies, the original Willy Wonka. But today-this takes the cake. I bought Lucas. Oh my god. How much do you love that movie? I can't wait to watch it. Maybe tomorrow. That is, if I don't go see Capote tomorrow. I haven't decided what I'm gonna do tomorrow yet. But since it's almost tomorrow, I better get to bed.

No comments: