Sunday, January 08, 2006

its in the details

I promised to blog about the last few weeks. But I really have no inspiration right now. I am so tired. I did not want to get up this morning. I could not figure out why my alarm kept going off. I guess in my dream, I was telling myself that it was going off for no reason and I kept thinking I had turned it off. It was like it was haunting me or something. Then, about 20 minutes after I was supposed to get up, I woke up enough to realize that I actually had to get up. I made it on time, but had to rush. Last night, Chris called me out about not blogging this weekend. And my only defense is that it is technically still the weekend, just not my weekend. I said that I never specified and that's the truth. So, I am going to try. My original plan was to break it down, day by day and share the joy. But I scratched that idea. I think I will break it down by weeks, with some days getting attention of their own...

December 20th to December 25th:
Well, my sister was here. She came on the 20th. I think we only fought like once or twice. We had a good time hanging out together. We went and saw Walk the Line and my luck followed us. I seem to have bad luck at the movies. I was once watching a movie at a theater and the power in the entire square block went out. Special. When we were watching, Walk the Line, the screen went out. The sound stayed on for a few minutes and then that went off too. They came in the theater and said that the power blew on all the theaters on one side of the building. They said that it wouldn't take long to fix and it really didn't. I just got a bit snippy because there were immature kids in the theater making all sorts of stupid comments. At times like those, I really feel like an adult. It happens. I am aware of this and so I do not see the need to curse the theater and scream and yell. I guess having been through it before, I doesn't phase me. They gave us free passes too. So it was all gravy for me. On the evening of the 21st, we (meaning me, Chris, sibling unit and parents) went to get family pictures taken. The only family picture we have is from sibling's wedding and it is now out of date and our family consists of one less person. So, we needed new ones. That was an adventure. We had an appointment, but apparently those don't matter much. By the time we got our pictures taken, it was like almost two hours late. And the worst part about the whole thing is something that I found out on Thursday. Some of the pictures did not turn out. So, we had to pick new poses. They did give us 3 free sheets of pictures, but it still sucks. On Christmas eve, we all went to my cousin's house. It was pretty fun. Lots of chaos with all the kids opening presents at the same time. Christmas day was fun. I love presents. We got really nice things.

December 26th to December 30th:
The 26th was really just a day to recover from Christmas. Put stuff away and get started cleaning my house for my in-laws visit. On the 27th, I worked and then that night, there was a dinner with my co-workers and Claim Jumper. It was nice. But the best part was that I went to the mall after dinner and went to the Sanrio store. Love me some Hello Kitty. The 27th was also my parents anniversary. The 28th is my anniversary. We had decided this year to not get each other any gifts. I did give him a card and left love notes all over the house for him to find before he went to work. The day was slow for me. I was still in my pajamas around 1:30pm and Chris instant messaged me and asked if I wanted to go to Las Vegas for the night. Ah, WHAT? How cool is that? He had told me a few weeks earlier that he had thought of doing that, but I didn't have the time off work. But then I was able to get those days off and so he decided to spring his plan back into action. I then quickly cleaned myself up, went and got a pedicure and packed. We left for the airport about 4ish and were in Vegas a few hours later. I will be commenting on Vegas in its own post sometime VERY SOON. It was awesome. So fun. I hadn't been since I was a toddler and had no memory of it whatsoever. We came back on the evening of the 29th. We couldn't stay longer, because the in-laws were coming. The did come on the night of the 30th. Their flight got in at like 11:15pm. No kidding. It was nuts. My sister in-laws (their are 2 of them - Linda, 24 and Sarah, 20) came home with us because they were going to stay at our house while they were there. And my parents-in-law went to the hotel. And the fun began.

December 31st to January 4th:
Having the girls with us was fun. Chris made us a big breakfast on the 31st for us. It was nice. That day, his parents came over and saw the house. We then went on a driving tour. What's funny about it is that we all could not fit in one car. There were 6 of us. So Chris and me and his sisters in our car and his parents in their rental. They followed us around using the old school 2-way radios. I kept trying to get Chris to say "Over" after everything he said, but he wouldn't. We showed them were Chris works, where I work, our old apartment and places we like to go. Then we drove up South Mountain and looked at the view. That night, we ordered pizza from our favorite place, Rosati's and hung out at our house. It was New Years Eve and we did not want to go out at all. We drank yummy wine and Chris mixed drinks. We then played my new game, Disney Scene It. Chris bought this for me for Christmas and it is so freaking fun. All 6 of us played and really got into it. Family fun night! We stayed up until midnight and then the parents went back to their hotel and we all went to sleep. The next day we just chilled at home. Chris's parents went driving around their old neighborhood. We didn't meet up with the parents until that night when we all (all meaning, me, Chris, Linda, Sarah, my parents and the parents-in-law) met at Buca di Beppos for a big family dinner. Lots of food. And lets just say, keep the pitchers of Sangria coming. I guess it was the "right" thing to do. To have us all get together. My mother in law is hung up on being proper. She follows some guide book that no one has ever seen and has issues if people don't live up to her ideals. Yeah, I know. That's another story for another day. Anyway. The next day, I went back to work. They all went to the zoo. More family fun. I worked the next day also and I don't remember what they did. Hmm. And they left on the 4th. It really wasn't that bad. It could have gone a lot worse. We've been living back in AZ for over 3 years and this is the first time they've come to see us. And we'll leave it at that.

No comments: