Sunday, March 07, 2010

needtobreathe

At the radio show that I went to for Jason, I also was introduced to the band needtobreathe. Never heard of them before, but that soon changed.

During their performance, the guy, who is the bass player, was playing the tambourine. It was an acoustic set. He was basically right in front of me. He was super cute. I tried not to stare at him, but it was kinda hard not to. I know he saw me looking at him, because once he even smiled. I tried REALLY hard not to look at him after that. And failed.

So, after all the performances the groups were mingling with the fans. The craziest thing happened. HE WALKED UP TO ME. Seriously. He put out his hand and said, "I'm Seth. What's your name?"

SHUT UP!?!?!?!?!?

I shook his hand and told him my name. He said that it was really nice to meet me. I told him that they were fantastic. At this point the rest of the band walked over and I asked them if I could get a picture with them. They said sure and I asked a random lady to take the picture. They all gathered around me and Seth came next to me and stood right behind me.

It was all too crazy to comprehend at the time. I was there for Jason and watching him most of the time. Little did I know that an amazing band was right behind me. And Seth wanted to meet me. Me. I didn't see him do this to anyone else after me. Honestly, I still can't wrap my head around it. But needless to say, I am crushing BIG TIME! Not only is he gorgeous, but the band is fan-freaking-tastic. They are known to be a Christian rock band, but I feel like they are not just that. There are some songs that are clearly about that religion and God, but not all are so obvious or about that at all. They are a rock and roll band and they write about their lives. Being Christians is part of their lives, so that comes out in their writing. I love em. Really. You don't have to be christian (even though I am) to appreciate good music. Good music is good music. And I like good music.

I give you, me and needtobreathe...
Photobucket
Bo Rinehart, Seth Bolt, me, Joe Stillwell & Bear Rinehart

As I said, they are more than just pretty faces. I wanna introduce you to some of their music. I am really struggling to decide if I like acoustic or recorded tracks better. They are so fantastic acoustic, but with the songs on the album, you get Seth's amazing bass playing. I will never be able to choose.

My favorite song, Something Beautiful


Title track off their latest album, The Outsiders. With Seth playing bass.


And you should also watch the video for their best track, Washed By the Water, off their previous album, The Heat. It won't let me embed it, so please watch it here. Wet. That is all.

I was not looking for a new boy to swoon over. Believe me, I am occupied enough with the ones I already have. But when something this great falls in your lap, you can't ignore it. Just makes me swoon...

Please tell me what you think of the music. I am genuinely interested. Their 3 albums is all I have been playing for the last week. I'll also being going to see them on April 29th, in Tempe. WHOOP!

Don't worry. I have not forgotten Jason Castro. His EP is out now and his self-titled debut album comes out April 13th.

2 comments:

curls said...

OMG NTB are so damnit good!!! Thank you Laura for bringing them here and sharing their music w/ others....:)

now to read this rest of your blog... hahahaa Muah! Selina

Laura Anne said...

selina... i am soooo glad you like them. they are amazing. ily