Wednesday, September 10, 2008

O. M. G.

TODAY IS UP THERE AS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS EVER! The day I actually get to meet Jason Castro will replace this day, but until then, I have this voicemail:

One of my friends from the website went to meet the buses today before the concert tonite in Ft. Wayne, IN. I had no idea she was even going to the show. Apparently she didn't either until yesterday. I guess she just decided to up and go. I was sitting at work, on the phone to a customer who was just rambling on and on, and my phone was ringing like crazy. It rang once - voicemail, twice - voicemail, 3 times - voicemail. I was finally off the phone and checked all the voicemails. The first was from Lisa saying that she was at the show. The second was that she was still trying to reach me and the 3rd is what I just posted. She wanted me to be able to talk to Jason on the phone, but since I never answered she had him leave me a message. Now, as badly I wanted to talk to him, I now have this forever. To play over and over and over. So, after being able to breath again, I called her back. She didn't answer so I left her a message. She called back a few minutes later. She wanted to make sure I got the message, because she couldn't really hear what he had said to me. She said that Jason was still right there near her. I told her to shove the phone in his face. She said he was talking to other people and she didn't want to interrupt him. But I guess she got his attention again and I could kinda hear her say that she was on the phone to the girl who runs the website. Then I heard Jason yell, "Hey GG website girl!" Crap! A live shout out. I about pissed my pants. I never actually got to have a two way conversation, but the whole thing was amazing. Who ever knew that hearing your name said by another human being could bring so much joy? A few minutes later, Lisa called me back to tell me that the person standing next to hear had taken a video of Jason on the phone leaving me my message. So... that means audio and video! TMTH!! I am bouncing off the walls. But you know what? Truthfully... what matters more to me than the calls... the fact that Lisa went behind my back and got my phone number and told me that her calling me was supposed to be a surprise for me. That meant the world to me. Just that she cared enough to make the effort to do this for me. Awesome. More than Jason Castro, this whole experience over the last 5 months have brought the most amazing people into my life and I am forever grateful.