Monday, September 01, 2008

gustav

Normally, I am only concerned about hurricanes because I know that work will be very busy. But for the first time, I have a personal reason to care about it. My dear friend Angie lives in Morgan City, LA. The eye of the hurricane is over her town as we speak. She was able to evacuate with her daughters, yesterday and get to her uncle's house further north. But she is still not completely out of harms way. Her husband had to stay behind because he is a police deputy. I cannot imagine how she must feel being away from her husband right now. And he is there in it. She is staying so calm. I am freaking out more than she is. I guess when you live there you are used to things like this. Plus, I guess freaking out isn't gonna change the situation. If you read this, just say a pray for her and her family. Angie, I love you.

edited to add: I heard from Angie around 4:15pm. She had finally made contact with her husband in Morgan City. He was safe and sound. He was able to see their house. They had some damage to their porch, fence, shutters and some shingles from the roof. But otherwise, things were fine. No flooding that we know of. So, it seems her home made it thru. She is so relieved. Not sure when she can get home, though. And as far as I know, all she got where evacuated to, was rain. Nothing too bad. When she texted me, I wrote back, "So I can breathe now?" She wrote back, "Well, I am now. So go ahead." What a relief!

No comments: