Thursday, September 04, 2008

gustav update

So, my friend Angie ended up going back to her home in Morgan City, LA on Tuesday morning. It had to have been really hard for her to be away from her husband during the hurricane. When she went home, she did have running water, but no power. They have a camper with a generator and so they were staying in that. Her power came on around 8:30pm CST yesterday. She was so excited. She was able to sleep in her own bed for the first time since Saturday. Her porch collapsed and her fence is down completely, but her roof is not leaking. That is a major relief. She did say that the town is totally trashed. It's gonna be some time until life gets back to normal for her. She is so positive, though. I wish I could be like that. I was freaking out for her the whole time. She was going thru the hurricane and she was comforting me. Gotta love that girl.

No comments: