Sunday, December 30, 2007

in a funk

I have been in a funk for a few days now. Post Christmas, pre-New Years blues? Seasonal affective disorder? I think I really had that living in Cincinnati during the winter. I could have a mild case of that now too. I think its the being home and not on my normal routine. I don't usually know what day it is, so I force myself to find out and try to keep things straight. I make an effort to do that, so I don't need this clock.
This funk is nothing to be worried about, but I would like to not be in it.

Tomorrow is New Years Eve. My sister & sheepish are coming over and we are going to assemble tamales. I said "assemble" instead of "make," because the stuff for the insides of the tamales is in the process of being made now and when they come over, we will fill the corn husks with the masa and meat and throw them all in the gigantic pressure cooker. We are serious tamale makers. Last year was the first year we made them and we made 12 dozen. Yum! This year, we probably won't make as many, because we are going to make them larger. I can't wait. I hope sissy & sheepish are ready for some fun!

Hopefully tamale making will bring me out of this funk...

No comments: