Wednesday, December 26, 2007

christmas wrap up

First, I have to say:
Sweet Comments at DazzleJunction.com

to my whole family for the great stuff I got.

We spent Christmas Eve at my cousin's house for the family get together. It was nice to see everyone. We did not go last year, because I was not in the holiday spirit, so I hadn't seen many of them in quite some time.
Then Christmas morning, we went over to my parents. We still get presents from Santa and we all made a nice hall. My big gift from my parents was a 3rd generation Ipod nano (see it here). I really wanted it, but I didn't think I would actually get it. I have spent most of today messing around with it and learning about itunes. I also got an itunes gift card, so I downloaded a bunch of songs and loaded it with lots of my own music too. I am so excited to use it in my car. My new vehicle came with an ipod hook up and that is really why I wanted one. So, I was really excited to get that. From my parents I got lots of other great stuff, including pearl earrings, coloring stuff, Bath & Body Works stuff and some DVD's. I usually list it all, but I really don't feel like tracking all that down right now. Maybe later. From my sister, I got some awesome Hello Kitty stuff (a boombox & a super soft throw). I also got from my sister a gorgeous purse that was made from a wedding sari. It is deep purple with embroidery. I love it. I know I am forgetting stuff, but I will mention it as I remember. From Chris, I got a leather bench with a lid that lifts for storage. I wanted it to put at the foot of our bed. It looks great there. He also gave me the movie, Dogma on DVD (I own it on VHS. hehe)and some Hello Kitty stuff, including a lunch box. And this is the strangest of all, from my outlaws (that is what I call my in-laws) we got a Wii. Well, not really. Chris opened a box that had some Wii controllers and game. We were very confused. But there was also an envelope in the box with a check and instructions to buy ourselves a Wii. WHAT? It was the strangest gift we have ever received. First, we didn't really want a Wii and second, why would you give a gift but not really give it? They are so weird. I have no idea how or when we will be able to track one down, but I guess we are now on the hunt with everyone else for a Wii. It will be fun, once we get it.
We spent the rest of the day yesterday playing with our gifts, talking and watching the Suns lose. There was lots of wine drinking and some heated debates. (But no hangovers, thank god!) But we still had a really great Christmas.

No comments: