Tuesday, February 14, 2006

why am I that girl?

That girl who wants to get flowers delivered to her at work on Valentine's Day? They are so damn expensive and flowers die. But why do I want them? I know I am not the only girl like that. I am willing to bet that the majority of woman in the country are that girl today. I know that most of the girls I work with were like that all day. People would go and get their deliveries, come back to their desk with the flowers and everyone else would stand up and look. Then they would sit down and be sad that it wasn't them. What is it about getting flowers delivered to you at work? Is it letting your co-workers see how much someone loves you? Does it some how justify that persons love to you? I don't need to show my love off to my stupid co-workers and I don't need anyone to justify their love for me. But I still really wanted it to happen to me. I wanted to be one of the lucky ones. I told him this after I just came out and asked if it was going to happen. After the "no" I admitted that I was disappointed, but I know that he loves me and I don't need flowers to know that. But I still am that girl and will continue to be.

No comments: