Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Bank One is now Chase

and let me tell you, I am pleased about this. I know it's been months since this happened, but I haven't said anything about it. See, I have been a Bank One customer since before Bank One was in Arizona. I had a savings account at some bank and than that bank was bought by Bank One. This was when I was like in junior high, I think. So when I finally got a checking out my sophomore year of high school, it was with Bank One. When I moved to Ohio, had Bank One there too. Moved back to AZ, got Bank One here too. It's been over 15 years for me as a Bank One customer. Cool, right? I have never had a problem with them really. Little things here and there, but no big problems that would ever make me want to change banks. So, when I heard that Chase was buying them and they would eventually change all Bank One's to Chase here in AZ, I was not real happy. Well, the transition happened here in December. We got new debit cards, but the number was the same! I was ecstatic about this, because I have my debit card number memorized and didn't want to have to memorize an new one. And our checking account and savings account numbers haven't changed either. I don't know if there is a plan to change those numbers in the future, but for now, nothing has really changed but the name. I would give Chase an A+ for the transition. And I discovered something on the new Chase bank web site that makes me thrilled they are my bank now. Their web site is much more user friendly. Bank One's was kinda old school. I can now see pending debit card transactions seconds after the are charged. I could never do that on Bank One. I had to call on the phone and go thru a million menus to get to the pending transactions or wait for it to actually post. Sometimes that took like 3 or more days. I love that I can see pending transactions. I will preach on about how wonderful Chase is based on that new feature, forever.

No comments: