Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I am a blogging fool today!

Another couple funny stories.
I stopped at Walgreens to buy Chris more medicine and I broke the law. Actually, the pharmacy broke the law. When you buy medicine with pseudoephedrine, which is an ingredient in the medicine I was buying, you are supposed to show id and they are to keep track of you. Read about it here. Well, I had to go thru some hoops. I had to get it from the pharmacy and had to pay for it there too. Before you could just grab it off the shelf and go about your business and pay for it when you pay for everything else. So, they moved it behind the counter, but some how forgot to have my fill out the paperwork. I feel so criminal.

And while I was waiting in line to get said medicine, some random lady in front of me turned around and said, "Hi. How are you?" "Good. How are you?" I responded. She said that she was really tired. I said, "Oh, really." She then thought we were having a conversation, I guess, because she said, "Some times you have days like that." "Yeah," was all I could really say. I am not a small talker and really didn't feel like striking up a conversation with this random. She turned back around and didn't say anything else. I guess she got my subtle body language. She stepped up to the counter and got her prescription. It was for, wait for it... Ambien. The sleep aid. I tried to not laugh out loud. It gets better. The pharmacy chic (the same one who didn't have me fill out the paperwork) told her that it wasn't covered by her insurance. It cost $109.99. The lady didn't even blink. She took out her credit card and then the cashier asked her if she has taken it before. She said no and that she wanted to talk to the pharmacist. The girl had her step to the side and started ringing up my drugs. The pharmacist came over and asked her the same question, have you taken this before? She answered no again. The pharmacist then stapled the prescription bag shut and said, "Take it before you go to sleep and you're set." He handed the bag over to her with the attitude like, that's all the instruction you get and don't ask me any more questions. I didn't hear if she said anything else. I was cracking up and had already paid. I just walked away.

No comments: