Wednesday, February 08, 2006

have I mentioned...

that I strongly hate 90% of the people I work with?
So, since we are all in 4th grade, we are making valentine's bags to hang on our cubicles so people can give us valentines. We are using brown paper lunch bags. I, being super crafty, made a kick ass bag for myself. My co-worker who sits next to me was not going to make one for herself. Since my head is aching and being crafty was a good distraction, I told her I would make one for her. It fits her personality perfectly and it is really cool, if I do say so myself. She loves it too. She hung it up next to mine. I am so proud. Since it has been hung up (maybe a matter of an hour) two different people have come up to her and said, "I love your bag." She then tells them that I made it for her. Their reactions were both similar. Lets just say that the smile went from their faces and they both said, "Oh." Not just acknowledgement "oh." It was more the disappoint and one girls face even showed disgust. What the hell! I worked hard on it. I really don't get these people. I have had a hard time making friends here at work for a long time. For some reason all the people that get hired just don't get me. I am not complicated. I am quite simple and easy to get along with. I just don't get why they don't. But this is not a pity party for me. I just think these people are freaks and I really don't want to be friends with them anyway. And to tell you the truth, the co-worker I made the bag for might not even appreciate the bag. She could just be humoring me. I wouldn't put it past her. SUCK.

No comments: