Saturday, December 17, 2005

about last night

The party was nice. The food was amazing. (Food descriptions copied from the website) My appetizer was the heirloom tomatoes with fresh mozzarella, basil, and a balsamic reduction. Chris called it a caprice salad and the waiter said that is what it's called. Chris had the smoked salmon layered with potato-leek cakes, baby arugula, capers, and a horseradish creme fraiche. My entree was an 8oz filet mignon, grilled, topped with Israeli feta and fresh herbs, with asparagus, tarragon mashed potatoes, and a brandy cream. That was some good shit. I had to get the most expensive thing on the menu, of course. Chris had the juniper dusted duck breast with sauteed baby spinach, horseradish glazed carrots, and a chardonnay reduction sauce. My desert was a basil cheesecake. It sounds not good, but it was really quite tasty. Chris had a chocolate amaretto cake. We also had bottomless glasses of wine. If your glass went down by like 1/4 of an inch, the waiter was there to refill it. I cannot tell you who much I drank, for that reason. But it was a tasty Pinot Noir and I was slightly intoxicated. After the dinner, a few people, including me & Chris, went back to Brian's (Chris's boss) house to hang out. I was really tired so we only stayed there about an hour. We got home around 12:30am. Nice night. I was dressed appropriately, in case you were wondering. It was fun.

No comments: