Friday, April 15, 2005

good song

I may have been consumed with the move and the house lately, but don't think that I've forgetten about my other favorite blogging subject.
Go here and check out the new Rob Thomas album and listen to the track called Steetcorner Symphony. Think to yourself, "Gee, that guitar playing is really great. I wonder who is playing on that track?" I have your answer. But you can probably already guess, since I am bringing it up in the first place. Yup, Johnny boy. John Mayer. And my favorite part, no mention of featuring John Mayer or anything like that. He just lends his talent and doesn't care about the credit. That's awesome. Here's what Rob Thomas said about the song: "It was written by myself and Matt Serletic, my producer and friend. John Mayer played guitar on it. I think John is one of the most talented guitar players in popular music today. He's such a great singer and songwriter and when you see his live show he tears it up. We both happen to live in the city and we were at a dinner and I said, "Hey you want to come play on my record?" He was like "Yeah, sounds great." It's nice when there aren't managers and labels and people trying to cram artists together so it can be marketed like "featuring this and this guy and this guy."

No comments: