Saturday, February 28, 2009

busy, fun day

The plan for today was to purchase a wedding gift for a wedding we are going to next week. We also need to go grocery shopping. It all turned out to be wonderful. Our first stop was Crate & Barrel (for the gift, from the registry). We found a great gift, but also a few random things for ourselves. Chris got this and this. And I got this, in orange! I had to promise to get rid of some old mugs, but it was way worth it. Love it!! After our first stop, we decided to cruise down the side streets, instead of taking the freeway home. I said, "If we take this road, we can stop at the antique store." We used to live on that side of town and we were (and still are, for that matter) frequent customers at the antique store. For some reason, one of the few things that Chris and I really like to do together is antique shop. We usually are looking for specific things(we collect mid-20th century pottery and ashtrays) and so we have fun trying to spot things. It's enjoyable (as my mother would say). Man... I am using lots of ( ) today. So, we stopped at the store. And it really was worth it! Chris found a standing ashtray that was 60% off and came to only $18. What I found just about made me jump for joy. I found a vintage clutch purse that is the perfect color for the dress I am wearing to the wedding. I was not looking for a new bag. I was gonna use another one that didn't look really good. But when I found this one today, I was so excited. Its leather and large enough to hold everything I will need to take. It is really nice condition. Just a little cleaning needed. No rips or tears, even in the lining. It is perfect and it was only $9.00. Awesome. We didn't find anything else that we couldn't live without. I mean sure, if we had money to burn, we would have bought lots of stuff. After the antique store, we went to the grocery store. We got everything we need so that I can make birthday cupcakes for Chris (his birthday is Tuesday!). The best deal at the grocery store was Ben & Jerry's for $1.99. They are usually $4.49. I bought two of Banana Split and it was still less than one, not on sale. And to top it all off... as we were leaving the store, what do we see? A Girl Scout selling cookies! Score!! We left with 2 box of Thin Mints, that are now in my freezer. Super fun day and really nice to get out of the house. Lovely weather. A little warm for February, but still lovely.
*deep sigh*

No comments: