Monday, January 26, 2009

hallelujah

I know I post way too many videos on my blog. I know that hearing about Jason Castro might be a little old. But never have you EVER heard him like this. This video was taken by my friend Heather at the Santa Barbara Film Festival. Jason recorded this song for the movie Amar A Morir. He performed the song after the screening this past Friday night.
Please take 4 minutes and 14 seconds out of your day and listen to this. Forget everything you thought you knew about him and just listen.



Tell me your thoughts in the comments, please.

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Sounds like every other time I've heard him sing it? Well, not exactly, but similarly... He does a good job with it.

I first heard this song when Rufus Wainwright sung it when he was opening for Ben Folds. Even though it's not Rufus's song (or Jason's), I think you associate it with the first artist that you heard perform it, and you're most moved by the first artist that you've heard perform it.

It's great that he got to have a song in a movie. It's also cool that he got to perform at the film festival -- was probably good press for him.