Monday, January 05, 2009

best local sports story of 2008

I had some requests for more best ofs, so here we go.

I am sure there was little doubt as to what would be my best LOCAL sports story of this year. This picture says it all:

My Arizona Cardinals became the NFC West Champions for the first time in more than 60 years and headed to the playoffs for the first time in 10 years. That first playoff game was this past Saturday and would you believe it? They won that too! This has been a great season and only 3 more games to go to win it all!
This is my best sports story because I have been a Cardinals fan from the moment they came to Arizona. That was over 20 years ago. I have stood behind them and supported them thru it all. It has mostly been bad. They have not been a good team. But I was still there every Sunday watching the games. Never giving up on them. So to finally have some recognition for them is so exciting for me. I will always be a Cardinals fan, but this year... I can finally say it with just a little more pride.

No comments: