Thursday, October 25, 2007

holy crap!

Just now, I was in my house ironing Chris's work shirts and I hear tires screeching and then this really loud bang. I knew that it was an accident and it was close. I grabbed my camera, phone & keys and went for a little walk. This is what I found around the corner: That's a car on its side, on fire!
When I first saw it, it was still in flames, but by the time I got my camera out, the firefighters were already putting it out. This happened literally across the street from the neighbors behind us. So, if I was able to walk thru the backyard and front yard of the people behind us, I would be right in front of it. I knew it was close. It was so loud. I don't know if the people got out. All I know is that the police were walking one guy over to a tree, in the shade to be treated by the paramedics.
There were tons of other cops walking thru the trailer park on the other side of that wall and it looks like they were looking for people. And now there is a helicopter circling around.
I didn't stay for that long, because if they were looking for people I would be much safer locked in my house. But they did pull the car down on its wheels and I took a couple more photos:
YIKES!!

I am surprised I was able to take those photos, because when I came around the corner and saw that car on fire like that, I was shaking. I still am.
I really hope everyone is ok and they find who they are looking for.

No comments: