Tuesday, October 16, 2007

D-Backs lose but are no failures


I still love you, Diamondbacks!

I was very sad last night, but angry too. Angry that no matter how well they played all year, in the eyes of the rest of the world, they got swept by the Rockies. Sure. I know that they lost when it really mattered, but I also know that they deserved to be where they were and the rest of the world doesn't think so. I get that the Rockies played better, but I was so tired of listening the announcers talk about how wonderful the Rockies were with no mention of the skills of the Diamondbacks. It got so annoying that I watched most the last couple games on mute. And the worst part about is one of the announcers is the former manager of the Diamondbacks. The manager that took them to the World Series in 2001 (they won that year, by the way!). He never spoke up and defended them. My guess is he is still better from getting fired. But still... defend your old team when every one else is ripping them a new ass hole, Bob Brenly!
Anyway, my baseball season is over. All I can hope is that who ever wins the ALCS beats the shit out the Rockies.

And as far as the Diamondbacks go, just wait 'til next year...

No comments: