Tuesday, July 31, 2007

i want to quit my job

I hate it there. There is such drama with it and I really don't want to deal with it.
Here is the deal. When I believed I was pregnant (and for all intents and purposes, I was pregnant), I was not feeling well and missed a few days of work. At my job, you can only have so many absences before they fire you. I was about 3 or 4 from that point, but after missing those days when I was pregnant, they would have put me over the edge. But I was not concerned, because when you are pregnant you are eligible for FMLA and that would cover those missed days. Now, since I miscarried, its like I was never pregnant in the first place and those days will not be covered under FMLA. That means, my only hope is the consideration of my boss to not fire me for the absences. I am currently on a leave of absence until Monday, but I am not sure what my status will be when I go back. I keep leaving messages for my boss to call me if she needs to talk to me, but she hasn't called. I can take that as good or bad. Good that there is no issues, or bad that she wants to tell me in person. I think they will be understanding of my situation, but it will be very awkward going back and not knowing what it up. I would much rather not go back at all. I know that is not a reasonable thing right now. But that is what I want to do.

No comments: