Wednesday, June 11, 2008

homeless... at least for now

Everyday for almost two months, I have met my friends online and talked all night long. But tonight will probably be the first night I haven't. Why? Our thread/section of the forum that we post in is being shut down. It is kinda complicated as to why, but let's just say, some other forum members signed a petition to get us kicked off. The administrator's hands were tied. We knew that we were hanging by a thread, because a couple weeks ago, we got moved. But now it is over. So... my closest friends and I met online last night and decided the thing to do was to start our own forum. That way we can be ourselves and no one can kick us off. This ousting will be the 3rd place we have been kicked out of. It makes no sense to me either. But I guess you will have that. So, I have taken on the task of getting the new site and forum set up. Of all of us, I am the one with the most technical knowledge. Actually, most of my knowledge comes from Chris and I have begged him to help me to at least get the domain and host set up. I think I can manage it once it's set up. He made a temporary forum last night, so I feel good that we can make this work. We are so excited. We are sad to leave the place that we have called home for a long time. But this time, we are excited, not mad. Our little crew has really become like a family and we need our own home. We have grown larger than the old forum can handle. The way I tried to explain it to people is that as you grow up, you need to leave the nest and branch out on your own. That is what we are doing. We are forever going to be the black sheep of the dreadhead family (oh, yeah. This is still the Jason Castro boards I am talking about.), but we are moving out of their house. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense to most people. I cannot really make you understand. I have tried too hard to make people understand and it still does not work. But I have made the greatest friends and we enjoy each others company. Anyway... I have a lot of work ahead of me and I am sure, a lot of fighting with Chris... but it will be worth it. Maybe I will share it when it's done... or maybe not. Gotta keep some secrets...

No comments: